Saturday, September 15, 2012

Introducing the New Editor

 My name is Jenny and I'm the new editor for the Henderson Writers' Group newsletter. The newsletter will be updated weekly (late Mondays) and I hope that you will come here often to stay in touch with what's happening in our group. We'll soon have a few new pages in this blog featuring writing contests and other local news.

My family and I recently moved to the Henderson area from Pennsylvania. I am a cancer survivor (Hodgkin's Lymphoma) and a nature enthusiast. I also have a passion for birth and have taught childbirth classes and worked as a doula. My writing efforts are centered in writing a memoir, which I hope to publish in the coming year (or two?). My husband is a math teacher and I am home full time with our three kids, who each know their ages in decimal form. They are currently 6.2, 4.3, and 2.4 years old. My family and I have enjoyed getting to know the desert and during the weekends you will often find us out hiking somewhere.


This unpruned palm tree was photographed near Warm Springs, on route to the Arrow Canyon Wilderness.

The important news regarding the Writer's Group is that THE LOCATION FOR OUR WEEKLY MEETINGS HAS CHANGED.

The rest of the MONDAY MEETINGS in September will be held at the COMMUNITY LUTHERAN CHURCH at 3720 E. Tropicana Ave in Las Vegas. We will not be meeting at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. The Monday meeting will start at 6:00 p.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcoming Events & Places for Writers & Readers

At the Henderson Writers Group we support education and events around the Las Vegas Valley

Las Vegas Writers Conference


April 18-20, 2013
http://lasvegaswritersconference.com

Annual Student Writing Contest

The Henderson Writers Group is serious about educating writers. We believe that our youth, specifically students, are the place to start. To further these efforts we have established this writing contest to award scholarships to the best of these budding authors.
See Website for details & submission guidelines.
http://hendersonwritersgroup.com

Vegas Valley Book Festival

http://www.vegasvalleybookfestival.org/

Clark County Nevada Libraries

http://www.lvccld.org/about/locations.cfm